who are we
About the Commission
The General Authority of Communication and Informatics represents the highest authority in charge of the telecommunication sector in Libya
- Suggest draft laws and regulations related to the telecommunications, informatics and postal sectors.
- Implement legislation related to the sector
- Developing national plans and monitoring the implementation
- Establishing the national frequency spectrum plan and managing frequency usage.
- Organizing the connection between telecommunication networks based on the provision of services.
- Issuing and determining fees for all types of licenses and granting approvals related to the activity.
- Propose the rules of granting of licenses related to the sector
- determine prices and fees for providing services.
- Determine the minimum quality and level of service provision.
- Setting technical and standard specifications for communications and information systems for all state institutions.
- Determine the standards of non-economic telecommunications services for remote areas, along with specifying the obligations that operators and service providers bear.
- Reviewing and evaluating the need to modify the level of organization of any service and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Encouraging investment in the sector and providing an appropriate environment for that.
- Supervising the sector's activities and monitor companies operating in this field.
- Supervising satellite projects and implementing related legislation.
- Establish standards related to national security in the sector in coordination with the related authorities.
- Studying international treaties and agreements related to the sector and proposing Participate or join it and follow up on its implementation.
- Participate in international organizations, attending regional and international conferences, presenting their recommendations for approval and following up on their implementation.
- Represent the Libyan government in international organizations in the field of communications and informatics, in coordination with the related authorities.
- Promote competition in service provision and prevent non-competitive behavior.
- Take all legal measures against the violations committed in this field.
- Collecting information related to the sector , issuing reports and publications necessary to guide the recipients of the services, and contributing to media programs to raise public awareness in this area